This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 139918
Work Type: FT
Location: Berwyn, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is looking for a full time Mammography Tech to join the team at Valley Forge.
The Mammography tech will:
• Greets patients, identifies self and interacts with patients to gain trust and insure patient support
• Explains procedures/exams to the patient.
• Prepares patients for procedures according to section protocols.
• Performs procedures/exams consistent with section protocols.
• Monitors the patient’s status, tolerance and well being throughout and after the study.
• Verifies patient identity and insures preparations for exam
• Aids radiologists, physicians and other UPHS staff members in completing procedures according to established protocol.
• Responds to emergency situations according to department policies.
Minimum Qualifications: High School graduate or equivalent. Completion of an approved two year school of Radiologic Technology with certification by ARRT. A minimum of one year experience in a radiology technology field. Needs to have Mammography credentials or to receive them within 12 months of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.