Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Project Manager, Strategic Marketing
Job ID: 140315
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:30AM-5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Project Manager, strategic marketing manages multidisciplinary marketing projects, marketing campaigns and marketing production in alignment with business goals and objectives. Duties include setting project schedules to adhere to deadlines, working with marketing vendors and internal teams to ensure strategies are executed according to plan, and developing marketing reports to communicate successes and areas of opportunity for marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- The Project Manager will have the ability to understand business challenges, scope work and ensure the marketing project process from beginning to end is efficiently executed with positive results.
- Fluency in marketing KPIs will be essential to track key metrics and assess marketing, advertising, public affairs and branding efforts that will help inform and advance the strategic marketing and business goals of Penn Medicine Princeton Health.
- The manager must demonstrate exceptional project management skills while meeting numerous deadlines and adhering to the highest standards of accuracy and quality in their work. The position reports to the Director of Marketing & Public Affairs and works closely with the Vice President of Marketing & Public Affairs and key corporate marketing team leaders within Penn Medicine.
- Position will play a key role in liaising with Penn Medicine Marketing Analytics team to access market data that will help with campaign planning and other key decision making in support of Princeton Health’s business objectives.
- Works with stakeholders to understand overarching goals and the business cases; identify and define requirements, scope and objectives accordingly.
- Project management of the campaign development process (direct mail, e-mail, advertising, digital, etc.)
- Defines the specific roles and accountabilities of each member of the project team.
- Leads cross-functional teams of internal and external resources to define creative and technical solutions, functional requirements and project tasks. Coordinate resources across the marketing department, including strategic planning, digital content, analytics, creative services and referral development, as well as stakeholders for each project.
- Employs strong analytical, oral and written communication skills to ensure scope alignment with all stakeholders.
- Provides written status reports to project stakeholders and business leadership.
- Develops or manages the development of marketing communications collateral including development of presentations, charts and graphics to promote visualization and understanding of marketing strategies and results for a variety of audiences.
- Reports on marketing metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) including leads, conversion rates, web traffic and social engagement, using internal Penn Medicine and external (vendor) marketing dashboards and service line dashboards to understand activity.
- Coordinates market research process in coordination with local and corporate stakeholders including competitive research, focus groups and analysis of benchmarking data and in alignment with Penn Medicine market research best practices.
- Oversees administrative aspects of campaign management (proposals, contracts, invoices, scheduling and renewals).
- Works in collaboration with Penn Medicine Marketing Analytics team to create questionnaires and surveys.
- Oversees special report creation and maintenance as needed for a variety of audiences and projects (covid-19 reports, weekly board reports, award submissions).
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required); Bachelor's Degree (Preferred).
- At least 5 years of previous related experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project deadlines.
- Has a solid understanding of standard project management tools and processes, including: requirements development and management, scope definition and management, communications management, budget management and reporting, resource management, risk identification and mitigation, and client engagement.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills; is clear and articulate; has the ability to distill creative, as well as technical, concepts succinctly and accurately for varying audiences.
- Has experience authoring and maintaining a full range of project documentation including: statements of work, project plans, functional requirements, issues and risk logs, and status reports.
- Has demonstrated organizational capabilities and strong attention to detail.
- Has sound analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Strong basic math competency.
- Experienced with using both waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Strong business analyst skills, specifically with business and functional requirements development.
- Possesses sufficient technical understanding to liaise between clients/stakeholders and front- and back-end developers.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE