This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 140781
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is looking for a Financial Aid Counselor.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Obtaining pre-certification and referrals for inpatient and same day encounters
• Verifying benefits and pre-certifying all emergency situations
• Confirming authorizations on scheduled cases for which cases that require authorizations
• Providing specialized support in the areas of insurance and billing information
• Supporting representatives in solving problems and answering questions
• Ensuring access to integrated healthcare
• Achieving clinically appropriate authorization to assure correct reimbursement for services provided
Please apply if you possess these qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent education required
• Two or more years’ experience in a hospital or related setting preferred
• Working knowledge of hospital insurance verification, authorization, and reimbursement required
• Knowledge of online verification tools, EPIC systems, PC applications including but limited to Microsoft Office Suite, lpayment, and Ontrac preferred
• Support coverage of Hospital Cashier office required
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.