Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 138093
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for patient and guest tray delivery and retrieval, delivery of patient nourishment, snacks and floor stock. Responsible for providing an exceptional, caring and compassionate experience for patients and their families. Responsible and accountable for achieving patient satisfaction scores according to established departmental goals.
- Delivers patient trays in a timely and accurate manner in compliance to department tray delivery time standards while maintaining food quality and temperature.
- Maintains proper hand hygiene. Performs and follows protocol for patient identification when delivering food to patients. Documents and completes tray and floor stock delivery logs accurately.
- Retrieves soiled trays from patient room in a timely manner at the end of each meal period. Collects and returns correct amount of cash change and/or documents correct credit card information for guest tray charges.
- Communicates and interacts with Nursing, Dining Coordinator, Nutrition Supervisor and Manager effectively to meet patient needs and provide service recovery promptly. Communicates and addresses patient food issues/concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing exceptional service, following scripting, and approaching each patient while being polite, courteous, smiling and respectful.
- Wraps silverware, assembles/prepares, stocks food and other supplies for patient tray line as necessary. Cleans and sanitizes meal delivery carts and condiment bins as well as work station surfaces.
- Follows all departmental policies regarding food safety, infection prevention, employee hygiene, hazardous material and waste disposal processes.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and departmental sanitation procedures.
- Identifies and utilizes chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturer and per MSDS sheets.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills, as appropriate. Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs as appropriate.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains helpful approach towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Wears ID Badge at shoulder level. Complies with department uniform standards.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Reads and complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures as applicable.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum one (1) year previous work experience - preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE