Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Assists the Admissions Office with the assessment of patients seeking psychiatric/behavioral healthcare. Demonstrates competency in assessing children, adolescents, and adults.
- Provides accurate assessment of patients seeking behavioral health treatment to determine appropriate level of care required.
- Demonstrates the following clinical competencies:
- Assessment of children, adolescents and adults
- Knowledge of current DSM and ASAM criteria
- Skilled in suicide risk assessment and crisis intervention
- Performs telephone assessments and schedules routine evaluations at the Admissions Office.
- Completes verification of benefits and patient registrations when required.
- Facilitates the transfer of patients to Princeton House from other facilities.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests and representatives of other organizations, as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff in support of Princeton Healthcare System’s mission.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interrelationships with other members of the management/leadership team, multidisciplinary staff team members, patients/family members and other business resources.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality in accordance with PHCS and PHBH policy as well as all application regulations, including HIPAA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Experience with behavioral health population preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.