Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 138092
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2022
Work Schedule: FT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for coordinating labor, food production, and other resources to assure that meals are satisfactorily prepared within an environment that assures food safety and maximizes the potential to meet patient and customer needs.
- Observes, assesses, and readily demonstrates proper safe food and safe environment procedures with employees at all time to ensure that proper sanitation is being adhered to ensure the safety of our patients and customers.
- Supervises employees by reviewing standards and expectations for work productivity. Actively reviews employee’s work prior to completion of tasks, to assure standards in food production and sanitation techniques are actively being followed
- Assures compliance with any food request, by checking production on a timely basis. Avoids not being able to accommodate menu requests. Readily communicates any discrepancies with the diet office and any necessary individual.
- Responsible for maintaining optimal levels of safety and sanitation at all times. Assures that all food service operations are performed according to accepted sanitation and health regulations, maintaining optimum standards of sanitation, safety, fire prevention, and housekeeping at all times. Initiates proper communications to seek prompt repairs. Recommends purchase of needed equipment, supplies, and/or other goods to maintain optimal levels of safety and sanitation.
- Schedules and coordinates employees based on department needs and is sensitive to labor costs. Adjusts scheduling to accommodate unexpected absences. Always assures fairness and objectivity when doing the employee schedule. Follows policies and procedures as outlined in the department and hospital procedure manuals
- Manages time effectively to assure meal service occurs as scheduled. Adjusts staffing and workflow to accommodate the needs of the department.
- Decision-making is done objectively and always in the context of how the decision affects the department. Decisions are based on hospital and departmental policies and procedures. When in doubt readily seeks the guidance of the department managers.
- Actively completes employees’ performance reviews in a timely manner. Can objectively assess employees ‘strengths and areas for improvement, and documents in the review process.
- Communicates effectively with staff, peers and managerial staff. Always documents and communicates issues that impact the department in a timely manner. Responds to all staff, in a direct and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates a cost-conscious attitude towards extra trays, supplements, nourishment’s, patient food production, tray waste, and supplies. Readily shares observations with the management team, and considers solutions to save money.
- Participates in the departmental quality improvement initiatives. Actively gathers data to evaluate and determine if standards of care are being met. Readily takes steps to correct problems that arise that may negatively impact standards of care. Regularly reports any quality improvement issues to the managerial staff.
- Participates in staff development, department in-service programs, and attends department meetings.
- Makes suggestions for improving departmental operations, and encourages employee’s contributions to the department.
- Works independently or as part of a team.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- CFP ServSafe Food Protection (Required)
- ServSaf certification
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Completion of a two year accredited food service technicians program
Two years of supervisory experience in food service preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE