Job ID: 139541
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time, day shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Pennsylvania Hospital is currently seeking a Clinical Coordinator for the Interventional Radiology. The responsibilities of this position include, coordination of all operational activities for a clinical service line including, but not limited to, the development and management of all aspects of patient care, utilization of departmental personnel, fiscal responsibility and material resources. This role will establish oneself as the leader in the service line as it relates to patients, families, staff and physicians within the domains of clinical judgment, communication, quality, performance improvement and fiscal management.
The Clinical Coordinator:
• Participates in clinical care as necessary.
• Assumes overall accountability for their service line. Delegate’s responsibility to others, in their absence.
• Maintains positive and effective interpersonal relations with all members of the perioperative team; including but not limited to all levels of physician surgical staff, ancillary departments, hospital administration and all ancillary departments.
• Exhibits leadership qualities in problem solving, setting priorities and clinical excellence.
• Collaborates with the Nurse Manager and provides tangible feedback concerning staff performance.
• Supports the shared governance model.
• Designs and implements actions to maintain fiscal responsibility of their clinical service line and the overall Operating Room operation.
• Is proactive to assure all required items (implants, supplies, and personnel) are in place prior to the scheduled operative case,
• Identifies scheduling conflicts and resolves proactively.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.