Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Access Center Coordinator
Job ID: 138350
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2022
Work Schedule: variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under the general direction of the Manager, Outpatient Patient Access Services the Patient Access Center Coordinator will plan, develop and implement strategies to improve services and operating methods. This position will work in conjunction with the Managers of the Patient Access Center, Case Management, Contract Management, Patient Accounting, ADT Schedgistration and Data Analytics/Quality Assurance teams to evaluate and implement various performance improvement opportunities. This position will ensure these activities are completed within established timeframes and budget. This position will evaluate improvement opportunities using internal resources to improve registration and patient satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and recommend long and short range plans for optimizing the PAS Department’s goals and performance. Research, resolve and appropriately communicate resolution for internal issues related to all aspects of department operation.
- Effectively plan, prioritize and organize own time and resources to achieve organizational results.
- Oversee development, revision and implementation of departmental policies and procedures, and functional reference manuals.
- Monitor all PAS OP and PAS ED/IP work queues, including Candidate for Billing, Account, Claim and Patient Work Queues.
- Oversee the Admission Notice of Admission process by daily audits of work load via Work Queues or email communications.
- Define the tasks and resources necessary to achieve department deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Director and Managers to determine appropriate prioritization of activities. Report issues and escalate to management as needed.
- Create and execute work plans, develop appropriate contingency plans to meet changing needs and requirements, pro-actively identify obstacles to eliminate future occurrences.
- Develop documentation as needed. These may include spreadsheets and tip sheets.
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects/operations from inception to implementation. Document and track patient throughput within the organization. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the process. Monitor periodically to ensure optimized patient satisfaction and operation functionality.
- Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department: collaborate with staff within and outside PAS governed areas, to develop means of enhancing patient experience and workflow throughput. Maintain standards of confidentiality. Participate in regulatory and compliance established standards.
- Maintains Insurance Grids, Master Payor Plan List and Insurance Verification data; and disseminating the information throughout the PAS departments to include training and development sessions with staff; this will include onboarding of new staff.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leads and/or facilitates meetings.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality and participate in unit compliance as related to established standards.
- Analyze and report on performance metrics.
- Make presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Conduit for Physician Insurance Concerns as it relates to prior authorizations, Patient Class Change inquiries and Inpatient insurance coverage questions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or with related work experience in lieu of.
Related Work Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a healthcare setting preferably within Revenue Cycle departments with supervising experience.
- Experience leading and managing projects required.
· Can additional experience substitute for education? If “yes”, specify type of experience (i.e. supervisory or nonsupervisory, etc) and identify how many years of additional experience:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- Project Management certification preferred
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to communicate with all levels of leadership and staff
- Working knowledge of scheduling, registration and billing functions and terminology.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability as well as professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision at a high level of productivity
- Must have ability to work with deadlines, be flexible and willing to assume responsibility for completing assignments accurately
- Understanding of healthcare organizations
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE