Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
HR Coordinator - Homecare
Job ID: 141981
Work Type: FT
Location: Lancaster, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Human Resources Coordinator - Homecare
Burle Business Park- 1004 New Holland Ave, Lancaster, PA
- Assists the entity HR team in providing human resources support. Serves as the point of contact for general human resource inquiries. Partners with Human Resources team on administrative and programmatic support, such as job descriptions, report generation/distribution, correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for generating reports and gathering data for leadership. Synthesize data into digestible formats for requester. Manages the process for generating and distributing detailed turnover reports.
- Responds to inquiries regarding employment and recruitment status updates: researches pending items and reports back on findings. Escalates issues to manager as appropriate.
- Maintain confidential employee files and correspondence. Responds to requests for information and coordinates with Employee Records as needed.
- Assists with basic recruitment functions such as candidate sourcing, interview scheduling, etc. Assist managers with troubleshooting creation of requisitions and position adds.
- Assists with compliance efforts: follows up directly with managers and employees regarding non-compliance. Works collaboratively with corporate compliance as needed.
- Process invoices and assists with other budgetary responsibilities. Orders office supplies.
- Coordinates entity policies in conjunction with corporate human resources. Responsible for tracking expirations and prepares polices for signature. Posts policies on appropriate platform(s).
- Serves as the point of contact for all human resources scheduling. Secures conference rooms, catering, and maintains correspondence related to meetings and events. Point of contact for email and print correspondence.
- Serves as departmental resource for job description maintenance and entry into electronic platform – initiates job description approvals workflows.
- Supports practice integration efforts at the direction of the HR Generalist: scheduling meetings, generating documents, department/position setup, etc.
- Assists in the onboarding of new managers to HR policies and processes, in collaboration with HR Generalist.
- Triages inquiries from providers and staff regarding benefits, payroll, HRIS, or disability/leave questions. Understands differences in benefit offerings and process for providers and staff; copies HR Generalist in communications. As appropriate, escalates issues to HR team for further direction or resolution.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required).
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Preferred).
- 2+ years Administrative experience required, preferably in healthcare or human resources setting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to problem solve. Strong listening skills.
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple priorities/multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information.
- Able to manage programs and projects with little direction.
- Experience with DreamWeaver software preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE