Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 138088
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2022
Work Schedule: PT- 20+ HOURS
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for securing patient meal selections and special requests and needs via telephone or face to face interaction. Responsible for printing meal tickets, various reports and ensuring timely communication to food production team. Responsible for ensuring compliance to ordered diets, providing service recovery when needed and proactive communication with Registered Dietitians and department management for problem resolution. Responsible for providing an exceptional, caring and compassionate experience for patients and their families. Responsible and accountable for achieving patient satisfaction scores according to established departmental goals.
- Exhibits a friendly and caring approach when answering or calling out on phone, taking patient menu selection, confirming patient requests, and discussing patient needs and tray delivery time with nursing or departmental team members.
- Follows proper telephone etiquette and procedures with patients, visitors and healthcare professionals. Adheres to patient’s confidentiality and rights policy in compliance with HIPAA policies & procedures.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations. Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections as demonstrated by meeting competency standards.
- Resolves patient concerns or complaints immediately and/or reports needed assistance to Registered Dietitian, Supervisor or Manager as appropriate.
- Completes all daily, weekly, or monthly reports as outlined. Utilizes Dining on Call software program appropriately to manage patient orders. Reports software, printer, phone issues to supervisor or manager promptly.
- Assists on tray line, wraps silverware, delivers trays and other performs other patient meal service related tasks as may be assigned.
- Follows all departmental policies regarding food safety, infection prevention, employee hygiene, hazardous material and waste disposal processes.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and departmental sanitation procedures.
- Identifies and utilizes chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturer and per MSDS sheets.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills, as appropriate. Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs as appropriate.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains helpful approach towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Wears ID Badge at shoulder level. Complies with department uniform standards.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Reads and complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures as applicable.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
- Dietetic Tchn, Registered (Required)
- Registered Diet Technician (DTR) from Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics - preferred
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Graduate/GED/Equivalent Work Exp - required
At least one year previous work experience
Two (2) to four (4) years experience preferred
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Associate’s Degree in Nutrition or a similar field - preferred
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food & Nutrition or a similar field - preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE