Job ID: 142530
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Cancer Registry Support Specialist will perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support the Cancer Registry Department in meeting requirements of any and all Cancer Registry guidelines and standards. The Support Specialist will be responsible for performing Follow-Up on Analytical Cancer patients across the Health System Cancer Registries in accordance with the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer standards, and the regulatory standards of the Pennsylvania State Cancer Registry. The Support Specialist will also assist the Cancer Registrars and/or Management in tracking follow-up and/or treatment information, as well as identifying potential cancer cases to be reported. Maintains confidentiality and security of patient data maintained in the Cancer Registry at all times.
• Performs and maintains complete and accurate Follow-Up on Analytical Cancer Cases within Registry databases in accordance with the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Standards. Utilizes resources available in addition to reaching out to outside sources, as needed, for necessary information.
• Supports Cancer Registrars by assisting in tracking follow-up and/or treatment information on necessary patients, and assists in identifying potential cancer cases to be reported.
• Assists Cancer Registry Management team in any clerical duties that may arise.
• Attends and participates in Cancer Registry meetings as planned, as well as other meetings where attendance may be requested.
• Completes and submits weekly status/productivity report on time.
• Works with Cancer Registry Management and/or team to learn additional duties of Cancer Registry.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, polices, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
• Associate's Degree is required
• 2+ years’ experience in a health care setting
• Medical Terminology & Anatomy/Physiology is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrated written communication skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple cases
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.