Job ID: 140494
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2022
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Responsible for the procurement, production, distribution and collection of all linen supplies and equipment throughout the hospital complex. Ensures that staffing is sufficient via an accurate staff work schedule. Maintains an orderly work environment. Accurate recording of payroll, Human Resource paperwork, documentation for hiring, disciplines, and terminations. Tracks laundry activity (soil to clean variances) as well as supply ordering. Organizes physical inventories and departmental meetings. Reconciles purchase to invoice discrepancies. Meets with Laundry and Textile vendors as needed to ensure smooth operation of the department. Establishes and acts as a resource for department expansion and improvement projects. Communicates problems to immediate supervisor.
• Meets with customers to establish desired service levels and ensure that these levels are being met
• Creates service standards and assignment sheets for staff in accordance with the customers desired service levels
• Performs rounds to observe service compliance, remedial training, PAR and service times of staff
• Meets with supervisors and leads daily to ensure staffing and supply needs are met
• Maintains functionality of the scrub machines and or scrub program
• Initiates all paperwork associated with hiring, disciplining and terminating employees
• Prepares payroll for all supervisors, insures all staff payroll is submitted
• Generates staff work schedules, (standardized) all shifts, laundry soil to clean variance reports
• Generates justification for new and replacement staff and equipment
• Assist with All Materials Management Physical Inventories
• Communicates all concerns to immediate supervisor
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures • Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
High School Diploma or GED is required and +5 years of experience in Materials Management/Supply Chain. Bachelor's Degree in Business or similar area preferred and 3+ years of experience in Materials Management/Supply Chain.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.