Job ID: 141810
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2022
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday-Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Palliative Care Triage RN supports the clinical and educational activities of the HUP/PPMC Palliative Care program. Palliative care providers are consulted to support patients and families facing serious illness, regardless of the prognosis or stage of disease. Clinical activities of the Palliative Care team include pain and symptom management, psychosocial/spiritual support, and assistance with goals of care and medical decision-making in the inpatient, outpatient, and/or community settings. In addition, the program seeks to educate providers throughout the health system in the domains of palliative care, via both informal and structured educational initiatives.
Expected hours of work are Full time, Monday-Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. Option to work some or all hours remotely/offsite after initial onboarding is completed. No weekend, holiday, or on-call requirements!
• Accepting and coordinating incoming referrals for the HUP/PPMC inpatient Palliative Care consult service
• Communicating clinical information to Palliative Care staff, including physicians, advanced practice providers, social workers, pharmacist, and spiritual care provider
• Providing ancillary phone support for clinicians staffing the outpatient Palliative Care clinic at PCAM
• Supporting clinical and educational outreach initiatives sponsored by the Palliative Care team
• Serving as the first point of contact for staff, learners, trainees, and the public who are seeking assistance or information about Palliative Care at HUP/PPMC
Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care (CHPRN) is preferred but not required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience as an RN is required.
Experience in the field of Hospice or Palliative Care is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.