Job ID: 143886
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2022
Work Schedule: Day Shift Hours
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) is looking for a Technician V to join the HLA Lab.
• Functions as a technical resource for laboratory specimen processors
• Assists manger, supervisor and lead technologists with daily operations and workflow
• Performs appropriately requested processing on all types of laboratory specimens
• Adheres to Penn Medicine's policies and procedures and conforms to all safety practices
• Process a variety of clinical specimens for diagnostic laboratory testing and access associated records
• Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients
Education or Equivalent Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.