Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nursing Assistant- Inpatient Oncology @ HUP- Full Time Day Shift
Job ID: 133459
Category: CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)/ Nursing Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2022
Work Schedule: day
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- 14 Center unit is a 29 bed Oncology unit serving adult patients, 18 years and older. Patients admitted to this unit have hematologic malignancies including leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma; and solid tumors including breast cancer, melanoma, lung cancer, bladder cancer, and head and neck cancers. Patients are admitted for chemotherapy,
autologous stem cell transplants, pain control, neutropenic fevers, and medical complications of their cancer. This unit often provides palliative care to patients when the goals of treatment have shifted. The unit has 4 lead-lined rooms in which patients receiving radioactive implants are treated. In addition to the oncology patients, the unit also occasionally cares for the overflow of medicine patients from other units.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) interacts with patient at the most intimate level and highest frequency. As an integral member of the health care team, the CNA shows up and remains engaged in all aspects of the role, drive results with intention, partners with unwavering support, commit to every single moment and serve with compassion. While working under the direct supervision of the registered nurse, the CNA role primary focus is to support and assist in the delivery of quality care to patients and families. Some of the major responsibilities includes participation in RN/CNA hand-off communications and unit huddles, timely collection and reporting of patient data, demonstrating safety protocols at all times, timely notification and escalation of data or clinical conditions, remaining alert and responsive to activities on the unit, and demonstrating a genuine care for the patient (paying a close attention to the basics), e.g., active listening, timely response, cultural sensitivity, individualized approach to care.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Nurse Aid (Required)
- CNA Certification by the State of Pennsylvania
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required.
- Matriculated in an accredited BSN Nursing Program preferred; minimally completed the nursing foundations/fundamentals clinical course with a 3.0 GPA overall and in the nursing major
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE