Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 142182
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2022
Work Schedule: 7:30AM-4:00PM or 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Onsite
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Review and audit Non Purchase Order Invoice (NPOI) requests submitted through Chrome River System. This process includes the validation of the supporting documentation to ensure the payment request is accurate and in accordance with UPHS Policies and Guidelines. Process purchase order related invoices. This work includes the three way match validation. Work with the requestor and vendors to resolve discrepancies. Provide customer service to customers on processing requirements, tracking of submissions and payment status.
- Validate NPOI requests to ensure proper supporting documentation is provided, in accordance with UPHS and departmental policies.
- Review, validate, and update data elements as necessary to ensure standardization and compliance, specifically as it relates to: vendor name, address, invoice number, amount, sales tax, etc.
- Provide customer service and information on UPHS policies and guidelines, as well as the use of Chrome River.
- Process PO Invoices in accordance with UPHS guidelines and policies.
- Work with stakeholders to resolve discrepancies.
- Meet defined quality and quantity standards (number of invoices, error rate, etc.).
- Provide customer service and information on the use of Chrome River, Lawson, Ascend, and the department SharePoint site.
- Invoice preparation activities such as document imaging and validation, etc.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 0-1 years of experience working in Accounts Payable (Invoice Processor), in a Purchasing position (Buyer/Expeditor) or with high volume transactions (Required).
- Transactional based skills, specifically as it relates to Accounts Payable, Purchasing, and/or Expense Management (Required).
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills
- Motivated, high-energy individual; anticipates and removes roadblocks to meet deadlines and deliver work products efficiently
- Ability to function independently and achieve results without specific instruction
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Computer software skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated organizational skills
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE