This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 143794
Category: Business Process Improvement
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2022
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The role of the Enterprise Schedgistration Trainer is to manage the curriculum design and implementation for assigned Pennchart applications. Responsibilities include credentialing all new Credentialed Educators, as well as track, schedule and facilitate any re-credentialing for existing Credentialed Educators. In conjunction with the quality assurance and training roles, the incumbent will identify knowledge gaps and pro-actively work with departments and practices to develop and implement learning plans to address those gaps.
• Develops a thorough understanding of UPHS Electronic Medical Record (EMR) applications in order to train internal team members and clinical health care professionals in the utilization of functionality within assigned applications. Researches and analyzes new functionality and releases within the EMR as well as training methodologies, learning tools and practices to enhance education. Configures/builds training environments to provide accurate and effective material and education.
• Consults with the key client stakeholders and cross-functional team members to gather and interpret documentation for implementation projects. Creates and maintains all documentation and training materials for assigned applications in order to establish standards for application education.
• Collaborates with management to develop departmental standards regarding change control to ensure accurate data tracking and monitors change process by maintaining current protocols and reporting any problems to appropriate personnel. Promptly identifies, documents, and resolves problems with system functionality.
• Interprets and analyzes work flow in order to design, configure, and test the training environment and implement training solutions; ensures training models are current and effective. Participates in system upgrades and scheduled vendor releases as requested to enhance the application and meet project objectives. Ensures safety, confidentiality and security of employee and patient data at all times.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
• Associate's Degree (Instructional Design or Education related field preferred)
• 2+ years training and curriculum design preferably in a health care setting
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
• Epic certification within 6 months of hire
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong communication skills with all levels of staff and personnel
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
• Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems
• Demonstrated written communication skills
• Able to deliver clear and concise presentations to varied audiences
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Must show initiative and good judgment
• Knowledge of effective teaching methodology
• Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment
• Familiarity with asynchronous facilitator-led and online learning environments
• Working knowledge of the instructional design processes and models
• Experience leading or supporting curriculum design and delivery
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.