Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Financial Supervisor, Penn Global Medicine
Job ID: 136984
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 14, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Penn Global Medicine (PGM) Financial Supervisor is responsible for global destination patient portfolio managed by Penn Global Medicine with direct supervision of the front end processes and matrixed responsibility of the billing and A/R function. Managing the function includes all monthly reporting and management of performance metrics on the portfolio as well as ensuring proper policies and procedures are developed and followed by the finance team. This person will also manage complex electronic billing processes and be the interface with large foreign government payors that represent the majority of patients and revenue. The PGM Financial Supervisor is responsible for coordinating financial information with employees at all levels of Penn Medicine and acts as a liaison between PGM patients and Penn Medicine entities by providing patients and payors with financial guidance following the department protocols..
- Accountable for developing simple to complex financial cost estimates for international patients and select domestic patients in coordination with clinicians including all preliminary workup, procedures/surgeries/transplants, and post-service care, ensuring estimates are done timely and accurately, and financially counseling patients to help them understand their options and working towards securing deposits and financial clearance.
- Work closely with all international payers and representatives while building relationships with Foreign Government and International Insurance contacts to ensure A/R is being managed and billing expectations are being met. Continuous monitoring and oversight of all PGM patients to ensure all patients are financially cleared for services prior to arrival and ensuring charges for self-pay patients do not exceed deposits.
- Accountable for PGM A/R Management and ensuring that the A/R tracking, procurement and posting of receivables, and updates to internal and external stakeholders are completed timely while collaborating with Patient Accounting and the Department of Financial Services to ensure entities are reimbursed timely and accurately.
- Maintain communication with administrative, clinical, and support personnel to ensure services requested compliment clinical care plan and facilitating financial service requests on behalf of PSS/PGM patients to ensure world class, end-to-end customer service.
- Accountable to ensure Billing/AR Finance team is using Salesforce correctly, weekly audit of salesforce opportunities in financial coordination and post service stage to ensure records are accurate and troubleshoot errors.
- Prepare internally and externally distributed financial data including monthly operations report which involves collecting, reviewing, and analyzing large data sets into synthesized and meaningful reports.
- Primary liaison between PGM and Flywire (payment processing partner) to ensure payments are received, deposited, allocated, and refunded per the current policy and update policies and procedures as needed.
- Primary liaison between PGM and USCIPP to ensure benchmarking and patient satisfaction surveys are completed, and participating in USCIPP initiatives.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Accounting, Finance, International Finance, Healthcare
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, International Finance, Healthcare preferred
- 4+ years of progressively responsible positions in billing operations, and accounts receivable, preferably with global patients and organizations, and preferably having responsibility managing a team.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to adeptly handle patients of different ethnic, religious, and other backgrounds in a congenial and service-oriented fashion
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Understanding of HIPAA standards and patient privacy regulations
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Self-actualized and strong interpersonal skills working across many cultures
- Strong communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships
- Must be able to manage a team effectively, providing feedback and working towards corrective actions
- Strong data analytical skills and ability to synthesize data and develop reports
- Proficiency in foreign languages preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE