Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 138078
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: PT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible performing a variety of cleaning tasks, which include maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in all food service areas, operation of dish machine, pot washing, general cleaning and use of kitchen equipment. Responsible for stocking and storage of food and supplies, delivering floor stock, delivering and retrieving patient trays. Responsible for providing an exceptional, caring and compassionate experience for patients and their families, visitors and guests of the hospital. Responsible and accountable for achieving patient satisfaction scores according to established departmental goals.
- Transports food carts and other equipment, as appropriate, to designated areas of the facility in a courteous and professional manner following departmental procedures.
- Delivers par stock supplies to identified units and cleans as per department policy and procedures.
- Operates dish machine, three-compartment pot washing, cleans dish machine, pot sinks, assigned kitchen equipment per department procedures. Measures and monitor dish and pot machine temperatures, completes and documents sanitizer solution and temperature logs.
- Protects patient confidential information by disposing tray tickets in a confidential trash bin. Transports and stocks patient tray supplies and utensils to tray line prior to service times and restocks as necessary.
- Cleans and maintains chemical closet, trash & linen room in a clean and orderly fashion. Mops floors, cleans food contact and non-contact surfaces, and performs high dusting and other cleaning tasks as assigned.
- Completes all daily, weekly, monthly and special cleaning assignments.
- Follows all departmental policies regarding food safety, infection prevention, employee hygiene, hazardous material and waste disposal processes.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and departmental sanitation procedures.
- Identifies and utilizes chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturer and per MSDS sheets.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills, as appropriate. Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs as appropriate.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains helpful approach towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Wears ID Badge at shoulder level. Complies with department uniform standards.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Reads and complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures as applicable.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Graduate or GED
At least one year previous experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE