Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 138085
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jul 15, 2022
Work Schedule: FT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Prepare food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing for patients, staff, and customers throughout the units of the Medical Center.
- Prepare food items according to production sheets for all clientele of The Medical Center.
- Follows standardized recipes, and production numbers to assure a quality product produced in designated quantities. Adheres to all standardized recipes to assure nutritional adequacy and effective cost control.
- Maintains and ensures portion control for prepared food items prepared for all service areas throughout the department.
- Maintains adequate food control via leftover, food temperatures and volume control.
- Ensures that all food preparation is conducted under HACCP GUIDELINES. Follows all sanitation procedures, and fire prevention procedures on a daily basis.
- Maintains effective cost control by following standardized recipes, production numbers, utilizing leftovers. Contributes ideas and information that delivers cost control measures •Utilizes supplies, labor and equipment economically to ensure an efficient work flow on a daily basis
- Routinely check equipment for proper functioning. Reports any questionable functioning and/or nonfunctioning equipment to the supervisor
- Maintains proper sanitation procedures for the food production area.
- Controls proper timing of all food preparation to assure scheduled food services as well as optimum quality and food safety.
- Adheres to and enforces all established departmental and health procedures and policies regarding food handling, refrigeration, storage, covering, thawing, labeling, cool-down.
- Reports any food issues and production issues to the supervisor.
- Ensures the efficient and effective utilization of Human Resources.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures at all times.
- Attends meetings and staff development programs as scheduled.
- Works alone or as part of a team completing tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards. Other duties and Projects as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Three years high volume culinary experience
- Culinary course work preferred.
HACCP certification preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE