Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is Seeking a Dynamic and Experienced Individual for our Lead Mammography Radiographer Opportunity
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Serves as the lead of large breast imaging department located in the outpatient building of HUP Radiology.
- This is a high volume department that handles routine exams, breast ultrasound and all breast procedures.
- The incumbent leads a team and orchestrates workflow throughout the day
- Assumes the role of manager when necessary
- Performs duties of a mammography technologist for department relief
- Completes and ensures all regular quality control testing is maintained in 100% compliance and is reported in a timely fashion
- Maintains workflow efficiencies to expedite workflow and acts as a steward for performance improvement projects within the department
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence in patient care and is able to address issues that require service recovery when needed
- Supports staff whenever needed with scripts, orders, exam completion, etc. and ensures staff are compliant with patient guidelines as well as policies.
- Supports and champions for adherence to Joint Commission Standards and assists with ACR accreditation and annual MQSA inspection.
- Ensures stock is ordered, monitored, and distributed in secure storage areas with the use of our inventory control system
- This role as the lead is critical to the success of the breast imaging department.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- ARRT (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Two+ years of Mammography experience preferred.
Previous Mammography Quality Control experience required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.