This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 126965
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: FT
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Hours: Day Shift - Monday thru Fri ( 9 am - 5pm)
Benefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees. ( 0.5 FTE and over)
· Flexible Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars to use towards your personal & family medical costs
· 403b Retirement Savings, Penn Home Ownership Services, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance and Pension
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, optional life insurance and other. Please click on this LINK for more information regarding our amazing benefits package.
Directs and oversees operational needs of the Engineering Department. Coordinates the tasks of the subordinate supervisory staff, technicians, trades, and contractors. Assures that all staff are trained in accordance with PMPH and regulatory guidelines (TJC, NFPA, OSHA). Schedules and assigns staff to meet the needs of the facility. Participates in all construction/project planning and provides plant operations support where necessary. Coordinates with Central Utility Plant personnel to ensure the proper delivery of utility services to the healthcare facility.
1. Oversight and maintenance of all critical facility needs, ensuring appropriate follow-up of major issues and the implementation of facility correction plans as indicated in planning or as a result of inspections and/or surveys as well as monitors the Preventive Maintenance Programs. Attends EOC and other assigned committees and participates in EOC inspections and timely assesses and follows up with the required maintenance and repairs. Timely submits and follows up with all incident reports.
2. Directs Physical Plant Supervisors and Staff for the purpose of building productive results and relationships. Ensure that Staff are appropriately trained in equipment and procedures so as to ensure that work is performed efficiently, effectively and safely.
3. Inspects and reviews any active/ongoing construction work taking place in the healthcare facility.
4. Assigns tasks and projects to the Engineering Department Supervisor
5. Assists the Director of Engineering with department strategic planning, budgeting, and interviews of potential candidates and contractors.
6. Follows up with Engineering Department staff on a consistent basis to measure their performance, accuracy of task assignments, responsibilities of duties and expectations.
Establish and annually review standards and work procedures for all Engineering staff in accordance with established policies and practices of the facility.
Interview, select, hire, evaluate and recommend termination of department personnel in accordance with facility standards.
Ensure proper orientation and training of all department staff under is completed.
Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility; recommend painting, repairs and furnishings.
Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory standards and requirements, including but not limited to TJC, Department of Health, funding agencies, FDA, HIPAA and others.
Report and address any unsafe conditions or unsafe work practices.
Conduct regular staff meetings and communicate with members of other departments to coordinate Engineering activities. May serve on facility-wide committees.
Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks.
Conduct regular inventory of Engineering supplies and order same, keeping costs in line with approved budgetary amounts.
Coordinate all exterior based services for the facility campus including but not limited to: Landscaping, Snow Removal, Pest Control, Power Washing, Striping and Painting
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.