Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Physical Therapist - West Grove, PA
Job ID: 143997
Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Work Type: FT
Location: West Grove, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 18, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for the evaluation, treatment, and management of patients in the provision of Physical Therapy care. Manage the administrative requirements of documentation, billing, chart reviews, and any other necessary requirements to ensure compliance with best practices, ethical billing/insurance guidelines, and regulatory agencies. Works in conjunction with and provides requisite oversight to staff support personnel such as Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Evaluate, develop, modify plans of care, administer clinical treatments, and provide effective and evidenced-based management of patients.
- Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients as they perform therapeutic strengthening and functional activities.
- Collaborate with physical therapy staff or others as necessary to provide effective Physical Therapy management of patients. This includes, but is not limited to, effective utilization of Physical Therapy Assistants (PTAs).
- Maintains appropriate and timely documentation of all patients utilizing the electronic medical record to support the regulatory and billing requirements for services provided.
- Supports Clinical Education Program by serving as a Clinical Instructor for Physical Therapy students when requested.
- Monitor support personnel (therapy assistants, students and volunteers) as requested.
- Participates in annual appraisals of peers as requested.
- Participates in Committees as requested.
- Supports the initiatives of the clinic to promote a patient-centered treatment philosophy.
- Physical Therapist (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Previous Pelvic Floor Therapy Coursework and Experience (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 1+ years A minimum of one year of recent care experience in relevant discipline preferred/
National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) preferred
Professional Association Certifications preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE