Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Financial Analyst, CPUP
Job ID: 138918
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:30am-5:00pm, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provides financial support to CPUP leadership, CPUP Departments and the Health System; Actively supports the Director of CPUP Financial Planning & Systems and CFO in the strategic and financial planning for the system; Provides appropriate internal controls and stewardship of assets; Responsible for the financial analysis activities delineated below in an efficient, customer-focused service manner.
- Entity Financial Strategies & Policies - Assists Finance Manager and departments in the development and implementation of financial and other operational systems/standards in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- Entity Financial Planning, Analysis and Decision Support – In coordination with CPUP Entity financial personnel, compile financial information and perform analyses as needed; Develop and maintain templates associated with analysis, along with instructions. Assist in the development and implement decision support systems.
- Entity Operating Budget – Assist in the preparation of annual operating and statistical budget, including Budget Package and Funds Flow package preparation.
- Entity Monthly Close – Performs routine tasks associated with the monthly close:
- EPIC revenue and statistical upload
- MAPS entries and reconciliation
- IET reconciliation
- Assist Finance Manager with ad hoc analyses as requested
- Entity Financial Reporting – Assist Finance Manager with monthly, quarterly, and annual updates to Hyperion Reports, Business Objects Reports, and Excel add-in Reports, including but not limited to:
- CPUP / PSOM Combined statements
- Clinical Productivity reports
- Faculty Coverage reports
- Mission Based reports
- Operating Budget reports
- Funds Flow reports
- Monthly Hyperion reports
- Clinical Capacity Calculator
- Entity Systems Maintenance – Performs routine maintenance with respect to CPUP Financial Systems including but not limited to:
- Lawson activity numbers
- Hyperion Essbase metadata
- Assist in development and maintenance of financial reporting tools including Hyperion Reports, Lawson/Infor System, Excel add-in Reports, and Business Objects (data warehouse software).
- Other functional reporting accountabilities as assigned by the Dir CPUP Financial Planning & Systems.
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Information Technology
- 0-2 years’ experience in a Finance department for a Healthcare System or related industry
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong critical thinking, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization, strong motivation, and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with prudent judgment and discretion at all times.
- Experience with databases and data visualization platforms (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI) a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion Essbase / Planning / Reports a plus.
- Experience in working with Finance/Accounting systems a plus. Infor Financials preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE