Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Accountant - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 144270
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Accountant position will involve responsibilities for basic accounting functions related to monthly financial close, audits, and budgeting. This position will support departmental staff in all areas of reporting including revenue, expense, and statistical. Consistently adhere to departmental standards for a professional office environment. Constantly be aware of and adhere to UPHS employment policies and procedures.
- This role is expected to: Work well with supervisor in maintaining day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department;
- Promote team playing within work group; Interact in a professional manner with Administrators and their staff to ensure proper accounting and the proper reporting of financial data.
- Provides assistance as necessary with special projects, operating budget, and financial audit; Provides financial support to Controller and Managers as required.
- Prepare accurate monthly financial analyses for operating departments and other assigned areas. Including preparation of supporting schedules and flux analyses.
- Responsible for the initial review of all accrued expenses on a monthly basis as well as coordinating the collection of detailed explanations and supporting documentation.
- Provide accurate explanations and investigate variances between actual and budget.
- Follow-up with financial managers in assigned departments.
- Complete monthly account reconciliation for assigned departments and/or balance sheet accounts.
- Manage all facets of PAH Special Purpose fund in accordance with UPHS policies and GAAP.
- Assists in determining current year projections in preparation for the annual operating budget, as well as, validating budget data as it is submitted. Serves as direct contact for operating departments while they prepare their annual budgets.
- Assist with year-end financial audit, as needed.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance and 0-1 years General accounting experience required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE