Job ID: 143779
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2022
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Responsible for clerical and clinical support within the department to include administrative, clinical and research related duties. Acts as a service resource for monitoring testing orders and sample retrieval for Hematopathology clinical services. Collaboratively works with the Hematopathology service coordinator on requests and coordination. Candidate needs to have strong organization, coordination and electronic communication skills.
· Compilation and submission of expenses for travel, subscriptions, memberships and books for re-imbursements in a timely fashion.
· Maintain multiple calendars/schedules and meetings.
· Answer and screen phone calls. Take appropriate messages or delegate calls to appropriate support staff.
· Has high level of organizational skills, respect for others, problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and understanding of responsibilities.
· Other administrative duties as required to support divisional needs
· Provide cross coverage for administrative staff and the Hematopathology service coordinator as directed by supervisor.
· Copy and disseminate weekly reports to pathologists.
· Transcribe consult pathology cases for clinical service.
Research Related Responsibilities
· Retrieve materials as needed for research projects
H.S Diploma AND 3+ years of experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate with internal and external constituents
OTHER: Ability to follow oral and written instructions
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Word
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Outlook
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Excel
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Power Point
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.