Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Technician I Telemetry @Penn Presbyterian Cardiac Med/Surg Tele
Job ID: 140702
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2022
Work Schedule: Per diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Telemetry Technician I is responsible for monitoring and interpreting rhythms per unit standards and notifying appropriate health care personnel of changes in rate of rhythm.
- Clinical Duties: Demonstrates correct utilization of all monitor alarms and central station controls. Correctly interprets rhythms and recognizes changes in rate or rhythm and notifies appropriate health care personnel. Recognizes all lethal arrhythmias and initiates the proper chain of alert. Delivers and accurate, concise individualized arrhythmia summary at the end of each shift. Documents rhythm strips per unit standard. Displays skills specific to clinical area as identified in unit specific skills checklist. Practices in accordance with Patient’s Bill of Rights. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/service based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients/customers served in assigned area. Provides individualized, planned and appropriate care/service in settings that support the patient’s/customer’s care, treatment rehabilitation goals, and/or specific need. Actions demonstrate an understanding of appropriate safety and infection control techniques and hospital policy.
- Professional Duties: Practices principles of delegation. Facilitates and demonstrates teambuilding. Communicates effectively. Maintains cleanliness of work area. Reports off when leaving the unit.
- Administrative Duties: Adheres to hospital and unit policies, procedures, and established standards of practice for telemetry. Utilizes supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner. Enters patients into MIS system and updates patient status as ordered by the physician. Notifies Biomedical Engineering of any technical difficulties with equipment and follows up by communicating this information to the Nurse Manager.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduation from accredited EKG Technician program OR successful completion of PPMC's Dysrhythmia Course.
1+ years Previous experience in a hospital setting.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE