Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Coordinator PA-C - Orthopedic Surgery at Penn Presbyterian Med. Ctr. Location
Job ID: 145751
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery located at the Penn Presbyterian Medical Center Campus is looking for a Physician Assistant Clinical Coordinator which will provide daily clinical and operational management for the advanced practitioners (nurse practitioners and physician assistants) aligned to their regional assignments and in support the departmental missions.
In this position, the Physician Assistant Clinical Coordinator will have the following responsibilities: leadership direction, development and maintenance of schedules, E-Star time and payroll management, orientation of new hires, staffing models, oversight of local credentialing for direct reports, and compliance with performance appraisal process and annual mandatory education offerings.
The Physician Assistant Clinical Coordinator , will have clinical responsibility for patient care on a daily basis as well as provide supervisory functions.
- The Clinical Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day clinical operations for the. The Clinical Coordinator ensures compliance with TJC, CMS and DOH requirements across all practice locations. The Clinical Coordinator oversees infection control standards in the practice are upheld and participates in EOC rounding in the practice. The Clinical Coordinator will communicate new processes, assist with coverage plans for unexpected needs and act as the subject matter expert for clinical questions and EHR optimization. The Clinical Coordinator will assist with hiring onboarding and orientation of new clinical staff, complete clinical competencies and evaluations.
- Typical scope for this role is:
- <10 = # of staff directly and indirectly managed
- <15,000 = # of budgeted annual visits
- Complexity Factors (may involve a few of the following factors of practice complexity): multiple practice locations, high practice/facility square footage, service line oversight, coordination of inpatient services, coordination of care across several departments/entities, academic involvement (research initiatives, resident program), special clinical programs, multiple clinical specialties, complex regulatory requirements, management of external partnerships/collaborations.
- Employee Satisfaction communicates effectively with team and builds productive relationships
- Establishes/update work processes and work practices, performs clinical duties to maintain workflows and adequate staffing levels
- Assist Clinical Manager with team and individual performance in alignment with Penn Medicine vision of service excellence
- Staff Development includes identification of learning needs for team development, assists with recruitment, development of staff and retention
- Assists the practice operations and/or clinical leads with appropriate staffing, quality, compliance (JACHO, CMS,DOH,OSHA) and continuous improvement initiatives
- Supports excellence in patient care, patient safety net review and service recovery initiatives
- Supports proactive communication and problem solving to enable high performance of team and individuals
- Certified Physician Assistant (Required)
- ACLS or BCLS or PALS (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Science (Required)
- 2+ years clinical experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE