Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Supv Patient Access
Job ID: 144104
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Facilitate the operations of on-site and off-site patient access, registration and cashier functions to efficiently admit and discharge patients and maximize the hospital’s cash position. Facilitate the resolution of all customer service issues. Ensure staff members develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the various systems utilized by Patient Access Services. Ensure staff members follow departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Ensure maintenance and compliance with University Medical Center at Princeton’s mission and vision statements. This position covers the evening shift.
- Maintain departmental schedule for all PAS Service areas. Ensure adequate coverage for all scheduled shifts by staffing to workload and adjusting as needed. Covers unexpected vacancies through use of per-diem or part time staff so as not to incur overages. Covers unexpected vacancies unable to be filled by staff as needed. Follow, implement and enforce all department policies and procedures of University Medical Center at Princeton, including but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, benefits, disciplinary policies, etc. Establish and implement new department procedures, continually review and improve existing procedures and distribute all internal and external information as needed to ensure staff members have the necessary tools to successfully perform job functions. Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff members to ensure a competent and productive workforce. Evaluate performance of direct reporting personnel. Prepare and present annual performance appraisals within allotted time frames to the applicable Manager for review.
- The shift hours for this position vary. Supervisors are required to work 2 weekend per month.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent work experience in hospital admissions setting
- Two to three years of directly related experience in hospital admissions required.
- Three to five years of line management experience in planning, organizing, directing and controlling the operations of a large office.
- Computer skills, customer service, medical terminology and the ability to do multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in motivating staff in a dynamic environment is essential.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE