Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Radiology Manager - Outpatient Penn Medicine Radnor
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 145230
Work Type: FT
Location: Radnor, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine and the Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania are Seeking a Full time Radiology Manager for our Radnor, PA Location at 145 King of Prussia Road
- The Radiology Manager will oversee operations at outpatient facilities. The manager will work collaboratively with other hospital services, medical staff, and administration to ensure that quality patient care is delivered. The manager will actively supervise the quality of care delivered to patients and participates in departmental quality and performance improvement activities. The manager is responsible for the budget, compliance, licensure, inspections, projects, construction, repairs, and equipment maintenance, etc. Active engagement in monthly meetings with the team and admin to include: monthly staff meetings, Clinical Effectiveness meetings, Manager meetings, and patient care meetings, etc. and the use of overtime. This position is responsible for engagement of all staff to lead the way in patient satisfaction. Persistently improving the Press Ganey/patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction scores are key to a radiology manager's success.
- Regularly meets with all employees to improve communication and to build productive relationships. Reliable transportation for travel to various work locations on a daily basis.
- Foster teamwork around staff, engage employees in the decision making process when appropriate and values diversity.
- Establish/update processes and work practices for the unit/department.
- Budget management for outpatient facilities.
- Review Financial Reports distributed to ensure all activity within an AU’s are expensed in the month.
- Preview monthly expense reports to detect errors/discrepancies and resolve issues.
- Provide budget variance explanations to Radiology Administration.
- Analyze and manage data as a tool to manage expenses.
- Ensure Requestor understands Material Management Processes.
- Manage the clinical and staffing operations during normal business hours.
- Exemplifies superior customer service skills and performs service recovery.
- Evaluates and monitors QC based on established department protocols on all equipment or computer systems to ensure compliance.
- Follow radiation safety guidelines as required by the state. Understands and follows ALARA.
- Proactively develops change management strategy for major organizational activities and events.
- Implements change management strategy within the Department and UPHS in alignment with CCH objectives.
- Identifies and facilitates agreement of major messages which are consistent and reflects CCH’s core values.
- Communication plans are effectively implemented.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up of major issues.
- Manage routine and crisis communications throughout the entity/community as they arise.
- Demonstrates recognition of the systemic impact of employee communication and/or policy changes and solicits proactive feedback prior to implementation.
- Evaluates effectiveness of change and implementation plans.
- Creates processes to effectively improve patient care and time efficient diagnosis.
- Manage sections Unread studies and creates physician addendums.
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduate of an AMA- approved School for Radiologic Technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE