Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Surgical Technologist I - Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 141496
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Surgical Technician 1 demonstrates the ability to deliver safe and effective care to patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse and/or physician throughout the perioperative experience. Demonstrated knowledge of surgical instrumentation and ability to handle instrumentation properly. Demonstrated knowledge of sterile technique and ability to create and maintain a sterile set-up. Demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Supports patient rights and upholds the ethics of the organization.
- Participates in the assessment of patient care by recognizing and reporting signs of intraoperative complications and emergencies to surgical team.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver safe and accurate care to patients throughout the perioperative experience under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse and/or physician.
- Promotes and demonstrates self-directed learning and interest in occupational growth
- Facilitates the continuum of care by collaborating to provide patient care that is appropriate for the age and developmental level of the patient.
- Participates in improving organizational performance.
- Demonstrates professional qualities, responsibilities, and accountabilities.
- Participates in managing environment of care.
- Manages information appropriately
- Participates in surveillance, prevention, and control of infection.
- Departmental and hospital annual mandatory education is completed by end of current review period.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Surgical Technologist Certification by entity holding a Nationally recognized Institutional or program accreditation or successfully completed training program in US ARMY, Navy or Air Force. An individual may be hired and work as a Surgical Technologist without certification for a period of six months. The individual must provide documentation of successful completion of an approved surgical technology program.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years Experience as Surgical Technologist and Central Processing Department experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE