Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Application Developer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 136361
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2022
Work Schedule: 9:00AM-5:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Application develop custom software applications for Penn Medicine, which includes the Perelman School of Medicine and the University of Pennsylvania Health System. The developed applications will support Penn Medicine's missions of education, research, and patient care, including supporting the administrative functions of our school of medicine and health system.
- Develops custom clinical, academic, research and administrative software applications and Web applications in support of the mission of Penn Medicine (the University of Pennsylvania Health System and the Perelman School of Medicine).
- Provides advanced technical design, development (database and/or GUI), technical support and end-user support of custom developed applications and Web applications.
- Participates in product and project planning, development of specifications, project plans and other supporting documentation and processes.
- Assists in identifying future technical infrastructure requirements.
- Serves as a resource to other team members, providing training, guidance and mentorship.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Required)
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting multi-tiered object-oriented applications (e.g. Web, application, database tiers) and developing with Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, or other advanced relational database management system, including database design (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage concurrent projects while meeting project deadlines
- Ability to develop applications using one of our preferred technologies:
- Ruby or PHP or other scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated abilities in modern relational database design and advanced query techniques (e.g. stored procedures, triggers, user defined scalar- and table-valued functions, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in Object-Oriented Programming and Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Knowledge of academic environments and processes, particularly in the areas of student records management, faculty recruitment and data management and research environments, and the related regulatory frameworks (FERPA, HIPAA, FISMA)
- Exposure to healthcare information systems in the hospital and physician practice environment; for example, Epic EMR
- Knowledge of healthcare operations, terminology, and data standards (e.g., HL-7)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Experience with reporting technologies such as SSRS, Power BI, or Business Objects
- Experience developing mobile Web applications and sites
- Experience with iOS application development with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with MS SharePoint, including custom development in SharePoint
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE