Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
MRI Tech- Per diem- Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 145273
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pennsylvania Hospital is seeking a per diem MRI tech to join their growing team!
- Performs a variety of MR imaging procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs.
- Responsible for the utilization and operation of 1.5 tesla GE scanners and GE extremity MR
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and the use of equipment to
- minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Comprehends and completes the established quality control of MRI equipment
- Maintains daily the integrity of the ‘CRT Cart’
- Demonstrates the knowledge and responsibility of equipment failure
- Responsible for producing high quality MRI studies
- Able to troubleshoot basic issues on the MRI unit
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital
- Represents the hospital in a positive and professional manner
- Adheres and upholds PEOPLE standards and AIDET according to the hospital guidelines
- Exemplifies excellent hospitality toward patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers; holds subordinates accountable for showing courtesy, compassion, sensitivity and respect to patients, visitor, physicians and co-workers
- Interacts professionally and effectively communicates with peers, physicians, patients, visitors and guests
- Participates in programs/committees beneficial to department improvement
- Consults with other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care
- Possess knowledge of procedures performed in the department and is able to answer questions/ concerns the patient or family may have
- Completes all required annual AME’s.
- Supervises and teaches radiology students
- Maintain annual CPR certification
- Identifies education, training and development needs necessary to achieve section performance objectives and goals
- Provides staff education with an emphasis on the organizational quality improvement program
- Presents yearly evidence of professional licensure
- Instructs and prepares patients for MRI examinations
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures
- Assesses patient’s understanding of process and informed consent of invasive procedures
- Assesses, evaluates and informs physician of changes in patient’s conditions during exam
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture, position and shields patient accordingly
- Produces adequate MRI studies in an efficient manner
- Ensures 4 zone safety environment which is divided into 4 distinct zones each being a higher risk environment than previous.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and general population
- Adheres to MRI protocols/procedures
- Possesses superior phone skills
- Operates, troubleshoots and is a super user of the radiology information system and PACS
- Images are verified as received by PACS and errors are promptly corrected or reported to PACS
- All study charges are correctly captured and appropriately billed
- Maintains patient records and confidentiality
- Provides proper documentation for all patient exams
- Complies with HIPPA laws regarding protected health information
- Maintains effective communication with all Pennsylvania Hospital personnel
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; completes work assignments within designated times
- Adheres to the Allied Health dress code policy
- Attends departmental in-services and meetings promptly
- Promotes effective intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and TJC regulations.
- Adheres to safety program of Pennsylvania Hospital and the Department of Radiology
- Ensure compliance with policies regarding department operations, fire, and safety and infection control
- Is cognitive of hospital policies and possesses the ability to access such policies on line
- Responsibly completes work within designated shift unless asked by management to do otherwise
- Wears hospital identification at waist level or above at all times
- Demonstrates superior work habits
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continues quality improvement activities by utilizing Plan,Do,Check,Act’ model enhancing Patient and employee satisfaction
- Is cognizant of Safety and Management Preparedness plans
- Adheres to the safety program of Pennsylvania Hospital and the department of radiology
- Possesses knowledge of the Hospital’s Rapid Response Team
- Understands the importance of communication and its role in improving the patient’s safety and experience in Radiology
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Maintain CEUs
- Other (Required)
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college attended or hospital trained
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE