Job ID: 144976
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 28, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Department: Pulmonary / Allergy
The Program Manager will manage the program operations of the assigned department. The programs consist of a multidisciplinary team of practitioners that provide inpatient and outpatient care to a complex patient population. Under the direction of the Division Administrator, the incumbent will assist with the development and organization of the integrated program and manage the day-to-day administrative functions of the operations. The Program Manager shall be responsible for the development and attainment of the service mission, short and long term goals, operational goals and objectives identified for the service, both clinical and operational. It is expected that this individual will be a strong program builder as well as strategic thinker. The Program Manager will work collaboratively with the medical and nursing leadership of the subspecialty areas to assure quality diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients and medical staff. The Program Manager will coordinate operational planning activities for the overall benefit of the programs within each of the medical centers. The Program Manager will have direct oversight for all administrative assistants supporting the assigned programs.
• Assist the department/division in developing the mission and goals of the assigned programs.
• Assist the department/division in short- and long-term program objectives and program performance metrics
• Assist the department/division in formulating and executing strategic plans to realize program objectives
• Work in a collaborative fashion across departments and institutions to ensure high performance of the program
• objectives. Help build linkages between subspecialties and assist in the management of the relationship between programs and stakeholders to promote effective multidisciplinary care.
• In collaboration with nursing leadership, ensures management of data tracking systems in compliance with regulatory
• agency guidelines. This would include measures of quality improvement. • Oversee and manage an office-based patient communication system to enhance patient access to care (phone, email, ( Epic).
• Identify the gaps in service and evolving needs within the program. Provide regular status reports to the Directors and offer recommendations for resolving issues and achieving continual program improvement
• Promote programmatic research goals including participation in clinical trials on a national and international level
• Represent programs at internal and external committee meetings.
• Collaborate with Penn marketing and outreach groups to develop a regional and national referral base
• Work with Division Director to improve patient flow in clinic • Provide daily operational support for clinical and administrative programs in the division.
• Maintain compliance with governmental regulations regarding patient care, safety, confidentiality, JCAHO and CMS requirements, etc.
• Establish a working knowledge of management and clinical information systems (EPIC, Business Objects, PennDiver, Tableau, etc) as critical reference points from which to recommend and make improvements in clinical and management performance.
• Become knowledgeable of insurance and work with business office and financial service reps regarding patient issues and trends.
• Responsible as part of a team for ongoing EPIC issues and changes.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
X OPERATIONS: Demonstrated understanding of health care operations and delivery
X ANALYTICS: Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment
X COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
X PROJECT/CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Ability to manage concurrent projects while meeting project deadlines
Education or Equivalent Experience:
X H.S. Diploma/GED And 7+ years Minimum of 7 years of total relevant work experience required which includes 2 years of management.
X Bachelor's Degree Health Care/Hospital/business Administration, or operations’ research or currently in a bachelor’s degree program
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.