Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Certified Operating Room (Surgical) Tech - Per Diem - Center for Ambulatory Surgery - Monroe, NJ
Job ID: 144161
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Monroe, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jul 28, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Diem Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Procedural Technicians function in both non-sterile and sterile capacities by creating an optimal environment for the procedural patient. Procedural Technicians possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate invasive, therapeutic, and / or diagnostic procedures. Procedural Technicians perform a wide range of duties including but not limited to aseptic technique, sterile technique, scrubbing, decontamination and sterilization.
- Maintains competency to scrub procedures:
- Practices aseptic technique, sterile technique, and maintains universal precautions.
- Maintains and acquires knowledge of instruments including identification and proper use and appropriate decontamination / sterilization.
- Practices under the direct supervision of the procedural team and within the scope of practice of a Procedural Technician.
- Age-Specific Knowledge & Skills – Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department.
- Consults and collaborates with colleagues to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of patient care.
- The Procedural Technician demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning through self identification of learning needs, by participating in ongoing educational activities, and by seeking experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence. The Procedural Technician maintains his or her own records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Surgical Technologist (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS certification
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High school graduate - required
Five (5) or more years of Operating Room experience
- Other (Required)
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE