Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Shift: Full Time, Variable Shifts
- Procedural Technicians function in both non-sterile and sterile capacities by creating an optimal environment for the procedural patient. Procedural Technicians possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate invasive, therapeutic, and / or diagnostic procedures. Procedural Technicians perform a wide range of duties including but not limited to aseptic technique, sterile technique, scrubbing, decontamination and sterilization.
A Lead OR Technician is also responsible for visioning, overseeing, planning, organizing, evaluating and management of the specialty service line including but not limited to the following:
- Specialty Budget
- Quality Improvement
- Resource Utilization
- Coordinate Staffing Plan with Nurse Manager/Specialty Team Coordinators/Charge Nurse
- Risk Management assessment and Improvement plan for specialty
- Patient Satisfaction
- C-CCORT or CST or SURGTECH Certification (Required)
- BLS (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program
- 1 year Operating Room experience - preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.