Job ID: 145249
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 28, 2022
Work Schedule: Days 40 hours per week
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center has a Bariatric Program Coordinator Dietitian opportunity.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
Providing continuity in the clinical and administrative care of Bariatric Surgery patients at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Working in conjunction with the UPHS Bariatric Program staff to create consistency across entities and pool resources to create the best representation for the program and best outcomes for patients
Maintaining PPMC’s Accreditation with MBSAQIP from ACS
Expediting the admissions process for physicians
Individualizing patient and family education
Coordinating the delivery of services to the patient by planning with the multidisciplinary team, ensuring current and accurate communication with the physician and other health care providers, and coordinating the development of processes to optimize patient outcomes
Nutritional care of PPMC patients in the Bariatric Surgery Program
Functioning as a trained food and nutrition practitioner who works independently performing a variety of clinical and educational functions which support optimal patient care
Performing nutrition evaluations, basic assessments and providing nutrition education to Bariatric Surgery patients
Assisting in the development of basic nutrition care plans for select patients
Monitoring and evaluating nutrition care goals
Maintaining knowledge of medical nutrition therapy and applying it to the nutritional care of patients
Providing individual nutrition counseling and facilitates support group meetings when as needed.
Please apply if you possess these qualifications:
Must be a Registered Dietitian
Nutrition counseling experience preferred
Completion and active UPHS CITI research training as required
CSOWM and/or Certificate of Training in Obesity Interventions preferred
BS degree in Nutrition or related field required
Case Management background with Bariatric surgery patients preferred
3 to 5 years clinical experience preferred
Demonstrated program coordination skills required
• Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to deal with differing personalities on a daily basis as a program coordinator reporting to both administrative and physician leaders. Must have ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
• Must be able to work in collaboration with health system bariatric coordinators to ensure bariatric program standards are consistent across the health system.
• Must have effective and professional communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have excellent grammatical, proofreading and writing skills
• Must have proven organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize everyday administrative functions while tending to the needs of your patients.
• Patient Interaction: must be able to maintain positive interactions with patients, their families and associated medical professionals in a respectful and courteous manner. Must uphold the department’s goal of exceptional patient satisfaction and use all resources to maintain positive patient experiences. Confidentiality of patient information is required at all times.
• Must demonstrate initiative in learning advanced features of programs to more effectively accomplish job duties.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.