Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nurse Practitioner or Masters Physician Assistant - Outpatient Surgical Urology -Cherry Hill, NJ
Job ID: 142379
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Division of Urology is looking for a Surgical Oncology, APP II (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) to work full time, independently seeing patients in the outpatient clinic setting with a focus on critical cancer screenings such as prostate, bladder and kidney.
The Urology APP clinic role would encompass 4 clinic days at Penn Medicine Cherry Hill Urology practice in Cherry Hill, NJ and 1 clinic day at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine located in Philadelphia, PA. The Cherry Hill practice currently has a presence 4 days a week with 4 urology physicians and 1 APP. The purpose of 1 day at Perelman is for engagement with APPs and physicians and other staff members within the division of urology. Some flexibility to work from home can be available. The APP clinic plays an important role in rapid access to the next phase of care for cancer patients and will include coordination with surg onc, hem-onc and rad-onc.
The division of urology consists of team consists of 18 physicians, 10 NPs/PAs and greater than 45,000 visits annually. The goals of the role include the following:
- 1. Increase access to critical cancer screening dx • New cancer diagnoses--- prostate, bladder, kidney – Elevated PSA – Gross Hematuria
- 2. Survivorship • Convenient access for patients post cancer treatment • Post prostatectomy, nephrectomy, PSA checks and surveillance
- 3. Improve General Urology access
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, while providing quality care across the continuum in collaboration with physicians, nursing staff and other members of the care team, performs histories, physicals, and procedures according to credentialing, and provide care and patient/family teaching following the nursing process. Also participates in research as appropriate, ensures regulatory compliance, documents care according to standards, and prescribes in accordance with the collaborative agreement and State regulations. The Advanced Practice Provider is responsible to promote organizational values of patient and visitor satisfaction by demonstrating courtesy and respect for all their families, visitors, and other employees. Cares for patients in all age groups from young adults through geriatrics. Demonstrates competence in the assessment, treatment, and care of patients served.
- Provides direct clinical care for patient population according to established protocols and utilizes evidence based practice standards in collaboration with team.
- Maintains accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatments, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Identifies self properly to the patient and family, and clarifies the role of the nurse practitioner if necessary.
- The nurse practitioner should function within their scope and refer to the collaborating physician when outside of scope, and/or directed by the collaborating physician or when requested by the patient and/or family.
- Performs interventions specific to assigned patient population and collaborative agreement.
- Participates in the performance improvement processes to meet quality of care and service standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of professional responsibility as role model to peers and members of the health care team.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient’s clinical status.
- Addresses patient and family concerns and creates a therapeutic relationship to provide support.
- Provide patient education, counseling and instruction regarding patient diagnosis, medical treatments, medications, and preventative care.
- Participate in and support accreditation, compliance and regulatory activities of the organization.
- Precept NP students and other health care learners.
- Identifies patient/family needs for community resources and refers appropriately.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Nurse PractitionerPA (Required)
- Prescriptive Authority (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- Master's Degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Nursing
> 6 years of experience, The CRNP must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE