Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Dosimetrist Treatment Planner - Perelman Center - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 146636
Category: Radiation Therapy/Radiation Oncology
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is Seeking a Full time Dosimetrist Treatment Planner at our Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
This position will be 50% on site and 50% remote
- Design/develop treatment plans that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose.
- Design treatment plans by means of computer and/or manual computation that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose and field placement technique in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription to a defined tumor volume. Treatment plans include 2-D, 3-D, IMRT, and Rapid Arc planning techniques.
- Consider dose-limiting structures in the design of treatment plans and document dose in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription.
- Coordinate treatment simulations and tumor localization on dedicated devices, including CT, MRI, and PET when indicated, for radiation oncology treatment planning. Perform multi-modality image fusion.
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the planning of the fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and other beam modifying devices.
- Supervise, perform, or assist in the positioning of patients during simulation and the production of immobilization devices.
- Supervise the therapist staff in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment variables.
- Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the Radiation Oncologist's prescribed dose, document all pertinent information in the patient record, and verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations using a system established by the Medical Physicist.
- Accurately transcribe all details of the treatment plan into the patient chart and complete all technical documentation according to departmental policy.
- Teach applied aspects of medical dosimetry to students and residents, as assigned.
- Participate in clinical research for the development and implementation of new techniques.
- Participate in continuing education in the area of current treatment planning techniques, and advances in medical dosimetry.
- Medical Dosimetrist Cert Board (Required) or MDCB certified Medical Dosimetrist (Non-certified candidates must be certified within one year of hiring)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Non-BS degree candidates with extensive work experience will be considered.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE