Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Financial Analyst, Information Systems
Job ID: 137700
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:30AM-5PM, M-F | Remote
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for creation and updating of all presentation documents to senior leadership, complex accounting analysis, and month end close entry preparation and review. The Senior Financial Analyst has a great understanding of the Capital and Operating budgets and is involved in the build of both each year. The Senior Financial Analyst has the ability to attend and present information in the Director's absence.
- The Senior Financial Analyst mainly communicates with managers and senior leadership within the department, as well as other corporate departments (A/P, Purchasing, Finance, Capital Accounting). Minimal contact with outside vendors.
- Preparation of month end closing entries and review of entries prepared by other staff.
- Ability to Multitask and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with an ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Provide analysis and variance explanations for monthly reporting.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations of financials and budget for senior leadership.
- Monitoring of contract renewals and tracking for budget purposes.
- Assisting in building the Capital and Operating Budgets each year.
- Capital expense reconciliation, for transfers, addition, and project update against INFOR sub-system.
- Routinely meet with Managers to review their departmental monthly operational results.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance (Required)
- Master's Degree in Accounting/Finance or general MBA (Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in the Accounting/Finance field (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Must be attentive to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to deliver clear and concise presentations to varied audiences
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Knowledge of monthly financial statement closing processes including variance and flux analyses.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE