Job ID: 145073
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 1, 2022
Work Schedule: Part-Time Weekends 8:30a-5p
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Schedule: Part-Time, Saturdays & Sundays 8:30a-5p
Chester County Hospital is undergoing a construction project in the inpatient units and the procedural recovery unit that will impact the patient experience from June 2022 through November 2023. A temporary Red Coat Ambassador position is a critical role to support the patients, visitors and staff on the floors affected by the construction. This position delivers on our promise to provide a high quality and supportive environment to all patients, visitors and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Display a friendly, warm and welcoming demeanor at all times.
2. At the start of each shift, check in with the charge nurse to understand patient needs before rounding to each room to let patients know you are here to support their patient experience.
3. Welcome every family member or visitor to the unit. Ensure they are signed-in as unit policy directs and explain the construction project, the Code of Conduct and other relevant information while visiting.
4. Anticipate patient and visitor experience concerns, expectations or needs related to construction project in a timely manner. Ex.: offer headphones and ear plugs.
5. Support wayfinding around the construction areas where entering and exiting the unit may be confusing.
6. Serve as a friendly face and source of comfort as needed depending on each patient’s
7. Preserve the confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients, visitors and hospital staff according to hospital policy.
8. Orient and assist families and visitors in family lounge areas while maintaining a general orderliness and cleanliness of the lounge and lobby areas.
9. Identifies, reports and provides service recovery for customer service issues. Call the Patient Advocate for escalation of difficult situations.
10. Commit to Penn Medicine’s Behavior Standards to be Compassionate, Present, Empowered, Collaborative and Accountable.
11. Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with Red Coat Ambassador Dress Code.
12. Coordinate with other departments and participate as needed to provide a safe, comfortable environment that meets the needs of the patients, family members and visitors. For example: Patient Transport, Volunteer Services, Environmental Services, Security, etc.
13. Uphold visitation and other applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and restrictions of the health system while being respectful and courteous to a diverse audience. Ex.: Mask mandate.
14. Reports to the Director of Special Projects; takes direction from unit’s charge nurse.
15. Offer assistance for wayfinding, deliveries and information regarding hospital and community services.
Monday-Friday 8:30a-5p; 12:30p-9p
Saturday 8:30a-5p; 12:30p-9p
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Customer service experience and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Collaborative team player with commitment to equality and respectfulness in every interaction.
· Significant amount of time spent on foot; must be able to walk and stand for the duration of the shift.
· Ability to speak, understand, read and write English. Ability to speak Spanish preferred but not required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.