Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Team Coordinator PH FT Day Shift (Mt Lucas) Adult Behavioral Health
Job ID: 145521
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2022
Work Schedule: Full-time - Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under supervision from the Clinical Manager, support the oversight and implementation of the program including senior level clinical leadership in treatment planning and patient care, program development and refinement, and participate in performance improvement activities.
- Clinical Care:
- May carry a caseload of patients in assigned program and demonstrate competency in the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to meet the age-specific psychological and social needs of patients.
- Conduct individual, group, and family therapy sessions in addition to case management.
- Document evaluations, progress notes, treatment plans and discharge summaries in accordance with Princeton House standards.
- Clinical Leadership:
- In collaboration with Clinical Manager, provide senior level clinical expertise in treatment planning and patient care for assigned program(s).
- Assist staff in managing clinical crises and transfers to inpatient units. Provide lead role in facilitating these functions in the absence of the Clinical Manager.
- In collaboration with clinical manager provide clinical supervision to staff and students as well as facilitate team meetings.
- Provide orientation for new employees and clearly communicate expectations for their role.
- Participate in developing goals for staff training, education and self-development. May assign/oversee attendance at trainings.
- Program Development:
- With guidance and direction from the Clinical Manager, assist in implementing clinical services using evidence-based and best practices
- Participate in staff trainings and development while motivating clinical team to utilize evidence-based practices.
- Team Leadership:
- In collaboration with the clinical manager, monitor program resources and develop staff and group schedules, assign staff according to need.
- Model good working team relationships and communication while demonstrating Caring Customer Service behaviors for internal and external customers.
- Support the vision and expectations of the Clinical Manager by promoting teamwork among all staff.
- Regulatory Oversight:
- In collaboration with the Clinical Manager, prepare for licensing visits and audits from regulatory agencies.
- Performance Improvement:
- With guidance from Clinical Manager, participate in performance improvement plans, initiatives and goals.
- Have a global awareness of incidents, length of stay, status at discharge, and attendance initiatives.
- Participate in marketing programs through a variety of mechanisms including presentations, meetings with referral sources, development of marketing strategies in collaboration with Clinical Manager.
- Participate in the outpatient telephone on call system
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- CADC or LCSW or LPC or PS (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- Master’s degree in social science with independent licensure (LCSW, LPC, or LCADC) or psychologist with one-year unsupervised permit.
- Three years experience in a mental health field and treatment of the program's patient population and demonstrate potential to assume leadership role.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE