Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
CME, Education Coordinator Radiology
Job ID: 144938
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- This position supports the daily operations of Continuing Education & Department Conferences & Events. Under direction from the Manager, Continuing Education, the CME Education Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Department's Grand Rounds Lecture Schedule. The individual is responsible for smooth flow of planning, preparation and execution of all Grand Rounds activities including the maintenance of the CME dashboard, ensuring sessions are approved for CME credit, speaker communication, marketing & communication of lecture schedule, processing financial payments, catering, and audio visual arrangements. The CME Education Coordinator will serve as a primary point person for developing the annual lecture schedule, engaging in faculty discussions to develop a schedule that benefits our varied audiences including clinical & research faculty and trainees. This position reports directly to the Manager of Continuing Education and provides support for the efficient and effective administration for all CME & Event programming.
- Must take initiative, use professional judgment, and exercise discretion. Must be able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced professional academic environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines. Ability to prioritize with excellent communication and organization skills is required. Proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and One Drive) is required. Experience with Canva and Adobe Photoshop helpful. Hours of work need to be flexible based on the needs of the program, and may change during certain times of the year. This position will be based out of both the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania as well as off site and will require adaptability to work locations based on the schedule of activities.
- Interact with many different stakeholders to identify and invite speakers to deliver presentations addressing important topics identified by our Chair & Executive Committee.
- Work with faculty to extend and confirm speaker invitations
- Build annual GR calendar ensuring diverse content while incorporating mandatory sessions to meet Residency Education requirements, faculty development, wellness, global health, and DEI.
- Prepare all guest speaker confirmation documents including invoices to pay speaker honoraria and process travel reimbursements
- Manage internal resident sessions obtaining disclosures and lecture titles for each of five sessions occurring throughout the year
- Process all reimbursements and honoraria in Chrome River for Manager’s review and approval
- Arrange hotel accommodations and direct billing for guest speakers following GR reimbursement guidelines
- Work with inviting division & their administrative support re visitor’s itinerary, if necessary
- Ongoing collaboration with Web Coordinator to maintain up-to-date Grand Rounds Web page
- Create and distribute flyers advertising upcoming speakers including in-person and remote connection information according to established protocols. Update flyers as necessary based on University accreditation approval
- Prepare CME disclosure brochure and CME credit code slide for each session
- Enter required session information into CME-Cloud to ensure session approval: Communicate with speaker as necessary if formal PPT presentation requires peer review
- Create folders on established file-sharing platforms (Penn+Box), so guest speakers can share presentations and coordinator can upload to Cloud CME
- Book all sessions in Space Planning platform (EVS) and submit support requests to AV Team
- Proficient with Zoom. Attend all virtual Grand Rounds ensuring speaker and moderator are present in advance, test slide share, walk them through session timing and ensure CME code is displayed.
- Work alongside the Audio and Visual Digital Teams to ensure all virtual events are set up properly
- Work with AV tech support to obtain recording of session and forward to Web Coordinator to update website
- Provide moderating instructions to faculty less comfortable in the role when necessary
- Contact caterers and order boxed lunches for live in-person sessions; oversee delivery; process invoices for payment
- Coordinate formal cocktail receptions for annual named lectures (caterer, décor, design, engraved plaques); process all invoices
- Prepare and submit CME application to maintain accredited status for the series
- Assist with audits pulling CME credit reports when required
- Follow all guidelines for RSS as outlined by University CME Office to ensure our series remains compliant
- Provide reporting data to Faculty Manager and Residency Director as requested
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Required); preferably in Business or Healthcare Administration
- 2+ years of Administrative (assistant/coordinator) experience or combination of education and coordination experience (Required).
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and One Drive).
- Proficient with Canva, Photoshop or other design software used to create marketing materials
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced professional academic environment with highly sensitive data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with excellent time management to meet demanding deadlines
- Must take initiative and regularly communicate in professional environment
- Ability to prioritize with excellent communication and organization skills is required
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the education team
- Hours of work need to be flexible based on the needs of the programs, and may change during certain times of the year
- Proven experience coordinating events involving catering and decor
- Require adaptability in work locations and responsibilities
- Must be detail-orientated and organized
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE