Job ID: 144982
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Per Diem MRI Technologist to join our MRI Department in Plainsboro, NJ.
The MRI Technologist performs a variety of magnetic resonance imaging procedures in accordance to physician protocols with constant awareness of patient safety. As an MRI Technologist you will have the ability to perform all MR procedures requiring sound understanding of anatomical positioning, magnetic field safety and cross sectional anatomy. Our radiologists are highly experienced in a full range of MR services, including but not limited to neuroimaging and body scanning.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Performs all necessary preparations related to MR procedures
• Obtains patient history, explains the procedure, gains consent for contrast material administration and address any patient concerns prior to beginning the procedure.
• Screens patients and employees of all metal preventing access to Zone III/IV.
• Performs all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription, precertification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, EPIC order and patient identification.
• Perform all MR procedures following the appropriate imaging protocols.
• Compiles and reviews images, provides applicable comparison studies, and prepares documentation for interpretation.
• Performs quality control testing as required.
• Clean, adjust and perform routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
Graduate from an approved and accredited School of Radiology, preferred
Related Work Experience
MRI experience preferred
American Registry of Radiologic Technology ARRT (R) required. ARRT (MR) certified preferred. If not ARRT (MR) certified, documented and
validated (by ARRT Tech) MR training will be required before allowed to work independently.
NJ DEP License in Diagnostic Radiography, preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.