Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Population Health Associate
Job ID: 146350
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Onsite
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Population Health Associate functions to support population management activities in the Division practices. The Population Health Associate collaborates with the Population Health Nurse and the entire Care Team to help coordinate population health-related services with the goal of achieving positive health outcomes. Job responsibilities include using reports to identify patients who need periodic follow-up for gaps in care, lapses in care, and condition specific periodic testing/screening. Job responsibilities also include making in-person, telephonic or electronic outreach to identified patients to facilitate the implementation of identified health interventions.
- The Population Health Associate uses reports to identify patients who need health related services and testing, including patients with the following
- Gaps in Care: patients who are due for age appropriate screening tests including those on the Health Maintenance Tab and those identified by insurers
- Lapses in Care: patients with targeted chronic diseases (for example diabetes) who are overdue for periodic testing related to their chronic condition including those identified on the Health Maintenance Tab and those identified by insurers
- Condition specific periodic testing: patient with specific clinical conditions that require periodic testing to monitor (for example abnormal PAP smears, lung nodules)
- The Population Health Associate will need to be comfortable using reports from a variety of sources including those generated by insurers, ambulatory analytics , Montage, and others.
- The Population Health Associate will connect with patients with gaps in care, lapses in care or in need of their periodic testing and facilitate scheduling of needed tests. The Population Health Associate will also connect with patients to gauge completion of specific health interventions such as completion of appointments, and other recommended follow-up activities.
- Population Health Associate will connect with patients will respond to patient questions or concerns by telephonic or other methods of communication (MPM, etc.)
- The Population Health Associate will document in the specified platforms including PennChart and RedCap following established workflows and processes.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED (Required)
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree in health-related or science area of study (Preferred)
- 1+ years of experience in healthcare setting (hospital, long-term care, homecare, physician practice, insurance or social service) required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical disease processes.
- Experience in a health care setting involving patient interaction.
- Competency in using Microsoft Office and ability to learn electronic medical record.
- Competency in using PennChart, Ambulatory Analytics and RedCap.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE