This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 147043
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Work Schedule: Days 40 Hours per week
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center has a Senior Accountant opportunity.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
Working closely with the Accounting Supervisor and Controller maintaining day to day operations of the Accounting Department
Working with SMS, Lawson, Epic, HPM, Hyperion, Essbase and other systems to complete general accounting function
Providing financial support to entity department directors
Helping in the completion of monthly financial statement package, assisting in the projections and budget preparation
Supporting all General Revenue review, Statistical review, Expense review, Balance sheet review, Internal and External audit, Inter-entity reconciliations and other general accounting functions
Providing financial support to entity department directors, advocating teaching and helping departments understand their revenues and expenses
Fostering a customer service environment, geared to understanding operations and variations in results
Working with Operational Management with timely communications
Providing adhoc analytics as needed
Leading projects and initiatives, including gathering and reporting of various intermittent reporting requirements to internal and external agencies / clients
Providing a customer service orientation of financial services to all constituencies
Please apply if you posses these qualifications:
• Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting required
• Three or more years’ Accounting experience required
• Knowledge of General Accounting Procedures required
• Self-motivation, and customer service skills are required
• Experience in review, audit, and education of customers in financial management, process and policy required
• Knowledge of monthly financial statement closing processes including variance and flux analyses required
• Experience with SMS, Lawson, Epic, HPM, Hyperion, Essbase, or similar systems to complete general accounting required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, access, word, and Outlook required
• Health Care or comparable experience strongly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.