Job ID: 145519
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Medical Transcription Responsibilities:
· Transcribes, codes, types, and/or inputs dictations and demographics.
· Transcribes and prioritizes dictations and complicated pathology consultation reports. Produces final copy as required.
· Responsible for filing and retrieving reports and/or slides.
· Maintains records and generates reports (i.e., problem billing cases for proper identification/follow-up).
· Breakdown and mails/faxes reports to appropriate physicians, clinicians, and/or organizations (i.e., Quest). Records faxing of this same subset of reports.
· Gives verbal (phone) Pathology Reports to physicians.
· Researches pending and incomplete cases.
· Generates and/or reviews reports and slides to be sent to outside physicians, makes corrections as necessary, and collates to mail.
· Contacts physician’s office concerning patient diagnoses.
· Answers the telephone, handles direct patient and physician’s requests, and responds for written correspondence from patients, insurance carriers, and/or physician’s offices. Independently resolves issues when necessary.
· Performs other duties in area of responsibility as assigned.
· Supervises daily transcription workflow.
· Implements policies to improve turnaround time for transcription..
· Distributes work to take advantage of each employee’s strengths.
· Assists in hiring new transcriptionists (reviews resumes, sits in on interviews, etc).
· Is primary trainer for new transcriptionists.
· Point-person for other transcriptionists with questions and problems.
· Re-opens and rejects Newpath cases when Supervisor is away from her desk.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent, one to two years advanced clerical/secretarial experience in an office setting required
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.