Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Web and Social Media Coordinator
Job ID: 141173
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 4, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Web and Social Media Coordinator (Radiology Department) is responsible for managing and developing website content for academic department(s) at Penn Medicine. This role will provide consultative web project management, involving collaborative partnerships with leaders from the academic department as well as from corporate Marketing, and other clients and stakeholders. They will effectively support the academic department's research and education focused goals by developing sound, modern digital (internet, mobile, social, media, etc.) strategies.
- Working under moderate supervision, the Web and Social Media Coordinator's key areas of responsibility include:
- Writing, editing and managing the creation of content for Penn Medicine's web presence for the assigned academic department(s), which require working within a content management system (Sitecore).
- Working closely with academic faculty, clinical teams, marketing managers and technical partners of our organization.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines-as content needs to reflect the current clinical breakthroughs, research discoveries, program events and residency/fellow information.
- Manage the departments social media accounts under the guidelines set by Digital Marketing.
- Act as liaison between the department and the Marketing Department for patient-focused content and service line updates.
- Create, develop, and manage content for academic departments web presence (requires working with content management system)
- Write edit and review content for the web including websites, blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets.
- Ensure digital content reflects branding standards and accomplishes business goals
- Provide consultative web project management role involving collaborative partnerships with academic faculty, marketing managers, clients and stakeholders: effectively bridging the overall strategy with academic goals and objectives.
- Ensure that business requirements for new requests are properly documented and communicated for assigned clients.
- Assist with testing and implementation of new website functionality and features as needed.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to produce rich media. For example, photography, videos, illustrations, etc.
- Assist in developing social media and web strategies by understanding the client's business objectives and evaluating client needs.
- Manage, monitor and implement social media sites as needed, including, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Monitor and report on social media trends and emerging communication platforms.
- Always think from the academic department audience perspective: Includes professional peers, researchers, prospective trainees, prospective faculty, regulatory bodies, patients, the media
- Provide expert advice to stakeholders to ensure understanding/appreciation of best practices for web content creation and publication
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Bachelor’s degree (Required); preferably in Communications (multimedia), English, Journalism, Marketing or other related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience managing content development and production for high traffic websites; creating online marketing and social media campaigns; developing strategies to drive website traffic (Required).
- Experience and knowledge of health care organizations, universities and academic centers (Preferred).
- Experience working with content management systems (Preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of online marketing principles
- Excellent writing and editing skills, knowledge of SEO principles and keywords preferred
- Proficiency in content management, social media, mobile media, digital campaigns, and content distribution
- Ability to extrapolate and articulate scientific information from physicians and healthcare support personnel into web ready content.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML (RSS) and experience with popular content management systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of information architecture, interactive design principles and web usability
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Intermediate Adobe Photoshop skills.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE