Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for Access Call Center Operations including customer and patient satisfaction, personnel management, quality management, planning and staff development. Collaborate with practice leadership to ensure goals and objectives are established, measured and achieved. Work to improve important operational Access Center measures including agent training, phone performance and patient engagement. Review and determine the efficacy of Decision Trees, Protocols and the interaction between the Access Center and the Practice. Diagnose under-achieving performance and implement action plan to address. Develop and implement an effective communication plan with your Access Center team and the operational leaders in the Practice.
- Responsible for all aspects of individual Practice Queues, including customer and patient satisfaction, personnel management, quality management, change management, and staff development.
- Maintain departmental schedule Access Center. Ensure adequate coverage for all scheduled shifts by staffing to workload and adjusting as needed. Covers unexpected vacancies through use of per-diem staff and float pool so as not to incur overages. Covers unexpected vacancies unable to be filled by staff as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all areas within their individual Practice Queues achieve agreed upon practice specific and overall performance and service targets. This includes proactively diagnosing root causes when areas are not achieving performance and service targets, defining and implementing action steps to achieve improved performance, and communicating with the Manager/Director, administrative and practice leadership for their individual Practice Queues on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for proactively communicating with the Manager/Director regarding status of operations, potential issues that may arise, a plan to resolve issues, and leveraging the scheduling expertise in the Ambulatory Access Center.
- Collaborates with the Senior Management team to ensure staffing needs are met as well as productivity guidelines are followed.
- Prepare reports for Manager/Director on departmental activities, which include staff productivity, individual queue performance, attendance and behavioral statistics and project updates.
- Coordinates monthly/daily staff departments meetings.
- Responsible for collaborating with Quality Assurance team
- Must provide assistance with day to day responsibilities regarding answering incoming patient calls, practice reports, MPM messages and voice mailbox retrievals.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff members to ensure a competent and productive workforce.
- Comply with all HIPAA and JCAHO regulations.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
HS Diploma Required
College Degree Preferred
At least 5+ years relevant work experience in Healthcare Leadership required. Leading customer facing Operational/Call Center teams.
Experience in Healthcare / Patient Access preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.