Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Full-Time Manager Nursing Research - The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 145968
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Abramson Family Center for Nursing Excellence at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania cultivates nurses as leaders in transforming patient care and driving value through research, practice and education. The Center acts as a vehicle to accelerate nurse-driven care processes, scientific inquiry and the development of innovative programs and care models.
- The manager of nursing research at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is an integral member of the Center team. This individual manages high quality nursing research and oversees the daily operations of the Office of Nursing Research. This individual also ensures all studies meet standards of compliance with regulatory, institutional and departmental policy requirements. He/she maintains knowledge of Good Clinical Practice, FDA, HIPAA and IRB regulations. The manager of nursing research contributes to the advancement of nursing inquiry and evidence based practice via support of research and translational activities. The manager of nursing research reports to the Associate Director, Abramson Family Center for Nursing Excellence.
- Responsible for the daily research activities supported by the Abramson Family Center for Nursing Excellence, by managing the implementation and conduct of multiple research studies (survey administration, subject enrollment, delivery of interventions, creation of manual of procedures).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and organizational requirements and policies; including review and updating of policies related to research.
- Performs and oversees data management procedures; including database creation, data collection, data cleaning, data entry and storage, and creation of data tables, graphs and other data displays.
- Plans, coordinates and implements quality control procedures for nursing research studies with the Associate Director of the center.
- Provides guidance and support for nurse led research; including the creation of education plans for nurses involved in research.
- Facilitates research processes for investigators external to Penn Medicine and collaborates with clinical research teams as needed.
- Provides support to the Nursing Research Core Council as needed.
- Indirectly supervises clinical research staff, including research assistants and students.
- Assists with management of study budgets as needed.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the Abramson Family Center for Nursing Excellence.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 2+ years research coordinator or research manager experience required; would consider combined education and experience.
- 2+ years management of multiple research studies, including data collection, data cleaning, data management and data quality; Oversight of day to day research operations.
- 2+ years regulatory responsibility including but not limited to IRB submission and compliance with regulations.
- Master of Arts or Science, preferred.
Licenses, Registrations and Certifications:
- CITI Certification (required within 1 month of hire)
- Clinical Research Coordinator Certification
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE